We’ve all heard the saying, “It’s not how you start that’s important! It’s how you finish!” Well in singing, that isn’t always the case…let’s talk, ‘Vocal Onsets and Offsets.’
Every note has a starting point and a finishing point. These two events have a massive impact on your singing style and believe it or not: your vocal health.
The terms we give to these two phonatory points are ‘Vocal Onset and Offset.’ Onset refers to the manner in which the sound is started by the laryngeal mechanism and offset denotes the way in which the sound is concluded. But as is often the case with learning to sing…there’s little more to it!
|Ex 1 – Five Note Scale (Ascend & Descend)||Free!|
* YOUTUBE – http://drdan.co/VoiceEssentials
* FACEBOOK – http://drdan.co/DrDanFacebook
* TWITTER – http://drdan.co/DrDanTwitter
* GOOGLE+ – http://drdan.co/DrDanGoogle
* LINKEDIN – http://drdan.co/DrDanLinkedIn
* INSTAGRAM – http://drdan.co/DrDanInstagram
* PERISCOPE – http://drdan.co/DrDanPeriscope | @VoiceEssentials
— Stay UP-TO-DATE with Dr Dan’s FREE Email List —
© 2016 Djarts & Dr Daniel K. Robinson
All Rights Reserved.