We’ve got no hidden agenda’s, rules or fees. So we don’t mind telling you up-front what our terms and conditions are…
- Fees will be invoiced on a ‘per term’ basis, except where other arrangements have been made. Djarts staff can change the payment arrangement if non-payment occurs with any given account.
- Twenty four (24) hours notice is required to cancel an appointment without the client being charged for the appointment. Appointments missed through the clients non-attendance will be charged for.
- Fair Go Policy: where multiple appointments are missed by a client during a term, the ’Fair Go Policy’ will be enforced. I.e. a weekly student will not miss more than 3 lessons in a term and a fortnightly student will not miss more than 2 lessons in a term. Every appointment missed outside this allowance will be charged for at the full rate.
- Appointments cancelled by djarts staff will be carried forward in credit or refunded.
- In the event that default of payment of any given account occurs, and action is taken to recover that debt, the client shall incur all costs accrued by the debt collector in recovering the debt.
- Make-up appointments may be scheduled due to missed appointments where 24hrs notice is provided. Clients are encouraged to attend.
- Teaching holidays and Public holidays will be confirmed at the beginning of the calendar year, but may be subject to change.
- Djarts conducts 50 minute sessions (9am–6pm) and 45 minute sessions (7–10pm). The lesson time begins at the appointed time, not when the client arrives for the appointment.
- Clients attend appointments with the knowledge that djarts teachers may need to, on the odd occasion, attend to matters such as phone calls, which may divert attention from the clients allotted time for the briefest of moments.
- Replacement djarts teachers can be, without notice, used to facilitate any appointment in the case of the clients assigned teacher being absent for any reason.
- All ‘burnt’ compact discs handed to clients during the course of a djarts lesson are covered by a blanket AMCOS licence and remain the property of djarts. Djarts does not encourage illegal downloading and sharing of music. Djarts owns legal copies of all music tracks supplied to clients for rehearsal purposes. All compact discs supplied during djarts lessons are done so for ‘Student Rehearsal’ only. Unauthorised copying, hiring, lending, public performance or communication to the public is prohibited.
- Clients performing at Djarts events including Djarts ‘On the Green’, the ‘Djarts Classic’ and the ‘Djarts Student Showcase’ give permission for photos and video to be used in Djarts publications including the Djarts website and Email Updates.
- Reference to clients in these ‘Terms and Conditions to Enrolment’ includes the parents or guardians of under aged-clients where the context allows.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS & CONDITIONS FOR INTERNET BASED LESSONS
General Conditions applicable to Studio Based Clients (listed above) are also applicable to Internet Based Lesson with the addition of the following:
- Skype lessons are only offered to students 18 years and over.
- Clients must have Broadband Internet Connection with at least 256MB Upload Speed.
- Clients recognise that Djarts is not responsible for Internet lag due to Internet Traffic conditions and accordingly do not hold Djarts responsible for lost time during lesson due to such conditions.
- Internet Lessons may be conducted as either a ‘video’ lesson or ’voice only’ lesson depending upon connectivity and speed through the internet. A decision to conduct ’voice only’ internet lessons is made in discussion between Djarts staff and the client.
- Clients must have a working Webcam and external microphone attached to the computer that they are accessing Djarts Internet Based Lessons through.
- Clients must download the latest version of Skype and MSN Messenger and maintain these two free programs in running order
- Clients acknowledge that one ‘paid’ lesson will be given to ensuring that the Internet Connections and all Computer based technologies are working and compatible.
- Clients must have a CD Player in easy to gain access close to the computer being used for Internet Based Lessons for play back of exercises and backing tracks.